What are the advantages to get your own domain name?
With your domain name, you can:
- to own a web addres that you can choose ie www.yourname.be
- to improve your ranking on search engines
- to create your own email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org ...
- to have a direct access to some part of your website like. http://yourproduct.yourcompany.be or http://yourservice.yourcompany.be
- to print your website address, your emails on all your documents, business cards, invoices, ..., once you own your domainname your email addresses won't change whatever your Internet Service provider.
- to access the network of your company from Internet.
How to choose your domain name?
- Choose a name representative of your company or your products/services.
- Don't forget that internet is international. A name can be clear in a langage but not in another.
- Avoid names with more than 16 letters (minimum 2 letters).
- Don't forget: The easiest way the better.
- Avoid _ because few people knows the key.
- Your name, your street, your area are very powerful.
I already have my personal website with free hosting, how do I configurate my new domain name?
Please select the service "URL Forwarding".
Solution URL Forwarding
EDNA is agent of my domainname. How can I create my email address?
You can order e-mails in the Management section by selecting "E-mail"
in the left box.
EDNA is agent of my domainname. How do I modify the parameters (fi: contact person, address, activation,....)?
You can modify some parameters in the management section (select Owners).
For other changes, please contact the support.
I want to transfer my domain name to EDNA?
Please fill in the form in the management area (select "transfer"). DNS.be will send you an e-mail asking for confirmation.
How do I check that my domain name is registered?
On the site of DNS BE (www.dns.be) you can carry out a WHOIS query, which will enable you to see the data about the licensee of a particular domain name. Just enter the domain name (without the .be extension) in the bar at the top right of the page and click on 'GO'.
How can I check the parameters of my domain name?
If EDNA is the agent of your domain name, in the management area.
For any other domain name .be visit the DNS be website (www.dns.be). You can carry out a WHOIS query, which will enable you to see the data about the licensee of a particular domain name. Just enter the domain name (without the .be extension) in the bar at the top right of the page and click on 'GO'.
I need help, what must I do?
First you must be logged in on our website. After that the support links will be accessible in the left navigation pannel. LOG IN